1. Jigsaw Puzzles
Jigsaw puzzles are affordable, relaxing, allow you to bond with friends and family, and they’re especially good for your brain (improve memory and problem-solving skills) and for cultivating patience! If you cannot decide what designs to choose from, you can even customize your own jigsaw puzzle! There is a sense of achievement once you complete a masterpiece!
2. Baking or Cooking
Baking and cooking are one of the most basic things you can pick up. You may start off with Googling for basic recipes or just bake up something entirely unique. However, the most trendy bakes during Covid-19 are to cultivate your own sourdough starter and banana bread.
3. Art & Crafts for Adults
Art & Craft is a very relaxing and creative way to pass time, and they certainly don’t cost much!
- Colouring Books allow you to express yourself and is similar to doing meditation. All you need are colour pencils and some templates which you can find for free online.
- Paint by Numbers is the best kit for a beginner, how this works is by matching the number on the canvas to the numbers on the paint tubs!
- Scrapbooking is like a photo album that is used to preserve and display your memories, but with a touch of creativity. Before you start getting creative, do remember to bind together your card stocks and papers (like a photo album).
- Knitting / Embroidery may be an old fashioned hobby but experts agreed that it’s a great stress reducer and helps you to focus better! Not only that, they’re gaining popularity from youths such as making modern-style embroidery tote bags! All you need are needles and threads.
- Soap/candle making is one of the easiest hobbies that can be done within hours and you can turn it into a piece of art! Nothing like smelling nice!
- Patchwork Quilts are made to give an old and spoiled cloth a new life. Start by cutting your old t-shirt or blankets into large squares and sew them together using a sewing machine.
Yoga is a great hobby for mental relaxation and promotes health (fitness) You can also try incorporating meditation in your yoga sessions to focus better and redirect thoughts, which is especially important during this pandemic period where people feel more depressed and anxious. Not forgetting, yoga also burns up a sweat which can release endorphins for one to feel happy!
Our Top Picks (and it’s free on Youtube):
- Yoga with Adriene
- Boho Beautiful
- Fightmaster Yoga
5. Tidy your House (Spark joy)
Yes, Cleaning can be a hobby and once you enjoy it, it is no longer a chore! Before you clean, you should always declutter the mess and we would highly recommend the Marie Kondo way - Does it spark joy?
The KonMari Method is Marie Kondo’s approach to decluttering and organising your items by category.
By NATbyJ - www.natbyj.com