There are a lot of uncertainties and unknowns during this Covid-19 pandemic and it can be really hard to stay focused which could affect your health and mental well-being. So to help, here is a list of self-care ideas you can do for yourself!
1. Continue Your Daily Routines
Just because you are not going to work or school, doesn’t mean you can't continue your daily routine. You can still take a morning bath, change out of your pajamas and apply light make up. Moreover, maintaining your daily routine helps to boost productivity and helps you seize the day!
2. Take a Warm Bath
(Image via Canva.com)
Jump into a fizzy hot bath to make yourself feel calm and energized. Bobby Buka said “skin releases endorphins during a hot bath” which can lower anxiety! In addition, a hot bath can help to clear a morning sinus!
3. Spa Day
Treat yourself to a home spa and give your skin some serious love.
Types of Spa Treatments:
Hair feeling irritated and dirty (dandruff remedy)?
- Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment! All you need is 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, a cup of water and a towel!
- Wash your hair first
- Mix the apple cider vinegar and water, then apply on your hair
- Wait for 5 minutes and rinse with water
Feel your face is aging and getting oily during covid?
- Use Apple Cider Vinegar to firm and tighten your skin!
- Mix 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with ¼ cup water
- Apply to your face, let it dry and Rinse off
Need remove dead skin cells and bacteria?
- Give yourself a good body scrub (or foot scrub)!
- All you need is to mix brown sugar, coconut oil and your favorite essential oil to relax.
4. Listen to a Podcast
While taking a hot bath or waiting for your hair treatment, why not loosen your mind by listening to your favorite Podcast!
5. Social Media Cleanse (Social Media Detox)
While staying at home during Covid-19, phones are the only thing we can use to connect with people. However this can be very stressful with Covid-19 news plastered all over the news feed. Take this opportunity to deactivate your social media for a few days and regain your mental health.
Meditation is commonly used for relaxation and stress reduction, which is very useful to help relieve Covid-related stress. Take a few minutes every day and get ready to relax!
7. Heart-to-Heart Talk
Need to get something off your chest? Then call someone you feel comfortable talking to, and lighten your mind!
8. Journal or Diary
If you’re not comfortable talking to others, try writing down your feelings in a diary. The best part, the secret is safe for life!
Or you can simply write your goals for next year!
9. Light a Candle
While you’re pampering yourself at a do-it-yourself spa or meditation, light some scented candles and listen to soothing music to help you calm down. Scented candles are often used in aromatherapy to lift your spirit, soul and mind.
10. Have a Cocktail or Mocktail
No more Happy Hour or TGIF parties? Let’s make our own drinks!
Homemade drinks to lift your spirits during this pandemic:
- Non-alcoholic mojitos
- Blackberry mint mojito
(Image via Canva.com)
By NATbyJ - www.natbyj.com